Location: National – any Environment Agency office
Post Type: Permanent; full time and part time working patterns available
If you’re part of the Environment Agency, you’re part of the solution for protecting and improving the environment for people and wildlife. We work nationally with multiple partners and organisations using science and evidence to regulate industry, to prepare for and respond to environmental incidents (including flooding) and to monitor and improve air, land and water. Our work needs diverse, multi-disciplinary and multi-skilled teams. Incident Management and Resilience is one of the national teams within the Environment Agency. Together, we’ll tackle climate change, promote sustainable growth and contribute to a better & more resilient future for everyone.
*Your role with us*
We are recruiting Senior Team Leaders in our Digital Services and our Evidence and Risk teams within Incident Management and Resilience. We are looking for enthusiastic people leaders, who are passionate about information technology, science and evidence and what they can do for incident management, resilience and the environment. Your leadership will inspire and motivate people to stay engaged and productive at work. Your ability to deliver through others will achieve great outcomes and bring our ambitions and priorities to life. Your ability to take decisions and solve problems will enable you to manage dispersed teams in a hybrid working environment, setting objectives, managing performance, and providing technical, strategic, and personal leadership.
Responding to incidents is a central part of what the Environment Agency does. Within your job role, you will be required to have an incident role and make yourself available to respond to incidents, or provide business continuity support during an incident. This may attract an additional payment. Full training and flexible working arrangements will be available to support you.
*What do I need?*
We are looking for leaders who are dynamic, great communicators and who love a challenge.
The role requires:
* An advocate for diversity so we can better serve our customers and nurture the talent of everyone within our organisation
* Line management expertise and excellent people skills, being able to foster a positive team spirit and culture
* Experience of supporting team members through challenging times, such as poor performance, business change or illness
* A proven ability in building relationships with colleagues, external organisations and suppliers, with a clear customer focus
* An excellent communicator, networker and influencer who is comfortable working in a fast-paced & evolving environment
* An eye for detail and the ability to foresee opportunities and/or issues
*What’s in it for you?*
Working at the Environment Agency, you will benefit from an inclusive culture that embraces difference and values everyone, where you’ll feel supported and trusted to do the right thing. We’ll invest in you and allow you to grow and shape your career. What’s more, you’ll have access to our great benefits package including:
* Flexible working with a competitive salary
* An award winning pension fund
* Starting leave allowance of 27 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
* Great career opportunities and professional development
* Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave schemes
* A wide range of health, wellbeing, travel and transport benefits
As an organisation we strive to reflect the diverse communities we serve. To achieve this we welcome applications from all backgrounds, gender, race, neuro-diversity, disability, sexual orientation, and religion. We particularly encourage applications from under-represented groups that make up our nation. The more diverse our perspectives, the more our ability to solve complex problems. We also welcome applicants who require flexible-working or less than full time working arrangements.
At present, we are ‘hybrid working’ with flexibility to work from home or an Environment Agency local office. We do require occasional travel for face-to-face meetings to work well with your team and others internally or externally.
If you want to work a make a positive difference, we’d love to hear from you. Click apply and start your application today.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent
Salary: £47,646.00 per year
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.