Vilicom UK Limited
*Impact thrives here.*
For over 20 years the Vilicom vision remains unwavering – to enable millions of people around the world to empower themselves with the freedom to communicate, learn, share and work from anywhere. Vilicom are leaders in designing, installing and managing high performance wireless networks providing consultancy, project management, mobile coverage systems and testing services for clients across a number of industries.
In 2021, Vilicom was acquired by BAI Communications – a world leader in shared communications. Together Vilicom and BAI bring scale to new innovative connectivity solutions and share the commitment to connect the unconnected in the most complex environment. Customer experience at the forefront.
*ABOUT THE ROLE*
The Senior Field Engineer is responsible for the installation, termination and fault finding of inbuilding cellular systems at a range of sites throughout the UK. As the Senior Field Engineer, you will lead the cabling activities and deployment of inbuilding cellular systems and work to grow the team you will be responsible for leading.
You will be supervising onsite Installation Engineers to ensure the delivery of high-quality standards and that works are completed in-line with the required timescales set out for the projects. As the lead, you will also be responsible for delivering toolbox talks, producing dynamic risk assessments whilst on site as well as day to day management of the job on site.
* Work alongside Project Managers to communicate progress, issues, delays and ensure project deadlines and milestones are being achieved.
* Supervision of engineers works on site, completing dynamic risk assessments and toolbox talks.
* Attend Site briefings and provide a flow of information and communication to the team.
* Installation and termination of Coaxial Cabling including testing and any fault finding.
* Installation and termination of CAT5E, CAT6 and CAT6A copper cabling including testing and any fault finding.
* Installation and termination of fibre optic cabling including testing and fault finding.
* Installation of containment including steel wire cable tray, galvanised steel tray, metal conduit, plastic conduit and plastic trunking.
* Installation of Wireless Access Points and equipment at height.
* Installation of Network Cabinets, both floor standing and wall mounted.
* Lead by example setting the highest possible standards of workmanship and best practice.
* Demonstratable experience of installation and testing of structured cabling systems.
* Proficient use of cable certification equipment (Fluke or otherwise) to test and produce a set of results for installation.
* Demonstratable experience of installation and testing of Coaxial cabling systems.
* skills and able to demonstrate your ability to deliver against programme milestones.
* Excellent communication skills
* Comfortable with IT skills such as Microsoft Office 365, Email and the use of iPads and Laptops.
* Full, clean UK drivers’ licence with the ability to drive a van up to 3.5T.
* Fibre Optic termination and test
* Ability to understand and work to engineering drawings
* Excellent attention to detail, enthusiasm for your profession, excellent problem-solving
*WHY WORK WITH US?*
Large enough to deliver and maintain large-scale operations, we remain nimble to make things happen. Be part of an inclusive culture where diverse ideas are embraced, and people feel connected and cared for. Enjoy the opportunity to learn and grow alongside talented colleagues who thrive on solving complex problems. Be trusted and empowered to deliver your best and make a positive impact on customers and communities.
_*Ready to learn, grow and make a difference? Join us at Vilicom.*_
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £35,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Birmingham: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.