Lifeways have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Manager . This post will provide operational management for our supported living services in Blyth. You will support our local teams, ensuring the delivery of excellent quality services to the people we support.
If you believe that people have a right to choose how to run their own lives, then we would like to hear from you.
We are seeking professionally qualified people to take responsibility for the delivery of this service & it is essential to have complex care experience.
* Monitor and support the delivery of person centred services to all people using the service.
* Ensure that the actions of all staff directly supporting people using the service support their care, protection and well-being, and in compliance with external regulations and standards
* Provide supervision and support to Team Leaders and Support Workers through effective recruitment and selection, coaching and Performance Management as well as Support to manage their team of Support Workers.
* Ensure effective financial administration of the services delivered, through the effective deployment of staff and budgets
* Use and update IT processes to include the completion of accurate rota and timesheet information using Lifeways Cold Harbour system as per Lifeways procedures
* Work effectively with external agencies to promote the work of Lifeways and to increase referrals and placements within the Area in line with defined business targets.
* Develop the knowledge and skill of staff teams through delivering service specific training as and when required
* Develop own knowledge and practice relative to continuous service improvement
* Ensure that all services delivered are compliant to contract
* Audit services regularly and report accordingly
* Continuously improve service performance across services for which you are responsible
* Recognise and encourage innovation across services for which you are responsible
* Ensure that purchaser contracts and agreements are in place for all people using the service.
* Supervise, mentor and act as a positive role model to Team Leaders to ensure effective and efficient person centred service delivery to all people who use the service
* Conduct annual performance appraisals for all team members
* Take a lead role in developing and delivering an appropriate induction programme for new staff
* Motivate the staff team to drive and improve service delivery
* The nature of the job responsibilities may require flexible hours, including some evening and weekend hours, or adjusted beginning and ending times. You are required to work additional hours when authorised and as necessitated by the needs of the business, and you may be required to provide on call duties as necessary.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
* Ideally a minimum of four years’ experience preferably within the relevant field and a minimum of two years’ management experience.
* You will possess good time management skills and be IT literate.
* You will be committed to reporting on Service User outcomes and organisational KPI reporting.
* You will be an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual who wants to make a difference to the lives of the people we support.
* You will have a caring and supportive attitude towards others which is founded on respect and an effective work style which is responsive, participative and creative.
* A relevant professional Qualification at Level 4 or Higher in Care or Management e.g. NVQ/SVQ, QCF Award Certificate or Diploma (also known as BTEC Professional Award, Certificate, Diploma).
At Lifeways we value our staff and work hard to develop their skills through the provision of training and support. We are expanding and so there are real opportunities for career development.
If you feel ready for a change and are able to take on new challenges in a growing organisation, we want to hear from you.
The successful candidates will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check or *Protection of Vulnerable Groups Check PVG (*Scotland only)
The Lifeways Group is an equal opportunities employer and is regulated by CQC in England, CIW in Wales and CI in Scotland.
Reference ID: LWGHM
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £25,000.00-£27,000.00 per year
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.