Vilicom UK Limited
*ABOUT BAI COMMUNICATIONS*
It’s an exciting time to be part of BAI Communications. As a leading communications infrastructure provider, our technical excellence is sought after around the world. Building on our ground-breaking achievements, we continue to expand our operations, helping connect people, support communities and advance economies.
*IN THE UK*
We are preparing UK and European cities for the future with design, build and operation of high-quality communications networks and delivering 5G solutions and smart city applications that will keep people and communities connected and engaged.
Our data engineering capabilities help government, transport authorities, and mobile operators with who we partner maximise the opportunities that 5G offers to extend IoT, AI, and data analytics capability to build the stations, private networks, and smart communities.
*ABOUT THE ROLE*
As a Network Operations Engineer, the candidate is focused on the operation and maintenance of the network infrastructure for BAI in the UK. The primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to LAN, WAN, WLAN environments, operating and maintaining network routers, switches and Wi-Fi access points, as well as performing routine testing, monitoring and backups of network configurations. The candidate should be familiar with automation and will contribute greatly by developing repeatable processes as well as tools to facilitate and ease network operations.
* Be part of the core operations team who own the operations and maintenance of the end-to-end network architecture and collaborating with colleagues from BAI’s Engineering function to leverage expertise and capability.
* Address network issues either by resolving the issue or assigning to internal staff or external providers to resolution.
* Ensure all Service Level Agreement targets are exceeded and provide regular updates to the Service Desk on the progress of faults
* Document, track, and monitor network related problems to ensure a timely resolution.
* Work collaboratively with our Field Services team and 3rd line engineering team
* Ensuring all Planned Preventative Maintenance is complete
* Providing ad hoc reports as required to senior colleagues and customers
* Proactively engage with all members of the Service & Operations Team to support a continuous improvement program and the service provided to our customers.
* Support the transition of new services by supporting the development and training needs of individuals.
* Investigates and optimises the operation for future deployments, troubleshooting when required and recommending pragmatic solutions to address issues as they arise.
* Participate in the execution of business continuity testing and disaster planning exercises.
* Primary 2nd line support for the operations team during business hours and on-call support during non-business hours
* Explore, assess and develop relevant knowledge on new and emerging technologies including Wi-Fi, small cells, Fibre and the use of DAS beyond distribution
* Comfortable troubleshooting network performance issues
* Experience in data communications, network principles, traffic engineering, network automation and bandwidth capacity management
* Wi-Fi communications protocols and technologies – 802.11 standards, MIMO, TKIP, AES, WPA2 and WPA3
* Experience with security standards such as ISO27001, SOC 2 Type II standards
* Experience in a range of tools and systems such as VMWare, Zabbix, Ansible, Windows, Linux, Cisco, HPE
* Scripting languages such as Python would be an asset
*WHY WORK WITH US?*
Large enough to deliver and maintain large-scale operations, we remain nimble to make things happen. Be part of an inclusive culture where diverse ideas are embraced, and people feel connected and cared for. Enjoy the opportunity to learn and grow alongside talented colleagues who thrive on solving complex problems. Be trusted and empowered to deliver your best and make a positive impact on customers and communities.
_*Ready to learn, grow and make a difference? Join us at BAI Communications.*_
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: £45,000.00-£50,000.00 per year
* Day shift
* Night shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Birmingham, West Midlands: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
* United Kingdom (required)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.