Vilicom UK Limited
*Impact thrives here.*
For over 20 years the Vilicom vision remains unwavering – to enable millions of people around the world to empower themselves with the freedom to communicate, learn, share and work from anywhere. Vilicom are leaders in designing, installing and managing high performance wireless networks providing consultancy, project management, mobile coverage systems and testing services for clients across a number of industries.
In 2021, Vilicom was acquired by BAI Communications – a world leader in shared communications. Together Vilicom and BAI bring scale to new innovative connectivity solutions and share the commitment to connect the unconnected in the most complex environment. Customer experience at the forefront.
*ABOUT THE ROLE*
We are looking for a Field Engineer with previous experience in a technical role. The engineer will be responsible for installing a range of cabling products, associated containment, rack and enclosure builds and antenna placements
The successful candidate should be a driven individual that enjoys problem solving and taking control of situations to drive home solutions, whilst adhering to the company’s health and safety policies and making our customers’ needs a top priority.
* The Field Engineer is responsible for the installation, termination and fault finding of inbuilding cellular systems at a range of sites throughout the UK.
* As a Field Engineer, you will assist the team with cabling activities, including copper and fibre, the installation of cable containment and the deployment of inbuilding cellular systems.
* Installation and termination of CAT5E, CAT6 and CAT6A copper cabling including testing and any fault finding.
* Installation and termination of fibre optic cabling including testing and fault finding.
* Installation of containment including steel wire cable tray, galvanised steel tray, metal conduit, plastic conduit and plastic trunking.
* Installation of Wireless Access Points and equipment at height.
* Installation of Network Cabinets, both floor standing and wall mounted.
* Setting the highest possible standards of workmanship and best practice.
* Demonstratable experience of installation and testing of structured cabling systems.
* Excellent attention to detail, enthusiasm for your profession, excellent problem-solving skills and able to demonstrate your ability to deliver against programme milestones.
* Excellent communication skills
* Comfortable with IT skills such as Microsoft Office 365, Email and the use of iPads and Laptops.
* Full, clean UK drivers’ licence with the ability to drive a van up to 3.5T.
* Fibre Optic termination and test
*WHY WORK WITH US?*
Large enough to deliver and maintain large-scale operations, we remain nimble to make things happen. Be part of an inclusive culture where diverse ideas are embraced, and people feel connected and cared for. Enjoy the opportunity to learn and grow alongside talented colleagues who thrive on solving complex problems. Be trusted and empowered to deliver your best and make a positive impact on customers and communities.
_*Ready to learn, grow and make a difference? Join us at Vilicom.*_
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £25,000.00-£35,000.00 per year
* Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Birmingham: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
* Electrical Engineering: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: One location
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.