Posting date: 13 January 2023
Salary: Not specified
Additional salary information: Up to £10.10 per hour
Hours: Full time
Closing date: 30 January 2023
Location: Hockley, Birmingham
Company: Creative Support
Job type: Permanent
Job reference: 57700
Creative Support are currently looking to add a Support Worker to our supported living service in Hockley, Birmingham.
We are looking for enthusiastic, resourceful and energetic support worker who is well motivated, hardworking and keen to join our friendly team. You will deliver person-centred approach to support the tenants to take part in all aspects of everyday life and to engage and participate with their local communities. You will provide support to individuals from an Afro-Caribbean background who also have learning disabilities/Autism and mental health needs. Although previous experience is not essential, you will demonstrate the values that are essential for a role of this nature such as warmth, compassion and unconditional positive regard. The role will be support individuals in their own home as well as in the community.
Due to the nature of this service we would welcome and actively encourage applicants with knowledge of an Afro-Caribbean background to apply for this role.
Support Worker Duties:
• To support service users in meeting their cultural and spiritual needs and in expressing their personal identity
• To advise and support service users in all aspects of managing their tenancy and maintaining the safety, hygiene and comfort of their home
• To respect the service user’s right to privacy and to ensure that their dignity is maintained at all times. To advise, encourage and support service users so as to maximise their self-care and independent living skills
• To encourage and support service users in expressing their needs, views and concerns. To enable service users to make choices and decisions and to participate as fully as possible in planning and decision making processes
• To contribute to service users’ reviews, through the provision of verbal and written reports and by attending Support Planning/Person centred planning and review meetings
Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided.
We would love to hear from people who have the genuine passion and drive to want to make a positive difference in people’s lives who have learning disabilities.
Benefits of working with Creative Support:
• A one-off bonus of £100 upon successful completion of the 4-month probationary period.
• Competitive pay and a pension with company contribution and 28 days annual leave,
• Company paid enhanced DBS for all staff
• Free employee support programme
• All our staff are supported 24/7 by our out-of-hours teams
• Support to complete the nationally recognised Care Certificate and Social Care Diploma
We would encourage you to apply to us even if you have not yet had your COVID 19 vaccine. You will be required to have your first COVID 19 vaccine prior to your interview and your second vaccine before you start work with us. This time will be used to complete post interview recruitment checks. Applicants who are unable to receive the vaccination on medical grounds are still welcome to apply with provision of their official NHS COVID pass letter of medical exemption.
Creative Support is a passionate, inclusive, and anti-racist organisation. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, Disability Confident Employer who have recently received Investors in People Silver award. We actively encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds and cultures
We can only accept applications from candidates who are located in and eligible to work within the UK.
We will be interviewing for this role as suitable applications are received and may close this role before the closing date upon a successful candidate being appointed.
Gender is considered to be an occupational requirement – Equality Act 2010
Proud member of the Disability Confident employer scheme
About Disability Confident
A Disability Confident employer will generally offer an interview to any applicant that declares they have a disability and meets the minimum criteria for the job as defined by the employer. It is important to note that in certain recruitment situations such as high-volume, seasonal and high-peak times, the employer may wish to limit the overall numbers of interviews offered to both disabled people and non-disabled people. For more details please go to Disability Confident.
To apply for this job please visit uk.whatjobs.com.